MySQLdb reconnect

Damjan gdamjan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:33:36 EDT 2005

Does MySQLdb automatically reconnect if the connection to the database is
broken?

I'm asking this since I have a longrunning Python precess that is connected
to Mysql-4.1.11, and I execute "set names utf8" when I connect to it.

But after running a day the results from the python program were displayed
as if the "set names utf8" was not executed i.e. I got question marks where
utf-8 cyrillics should've appeared. After restarting the Python program
everything was ok, just as when I first started it.

The long running Python process is actually a scgi quixote web application.

--
damjan