COM problem .py versus .exe

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 09:19:45 EDT 2005

[Greg Miller]

| Thanks for the information, I stumbled across that page yesterday.  It
| seems all the problems with this are solved.  The executable
| works just
| like the Python version.  Now I have to come up with an algorithm to
| parse through the output data to come up with the version numbers.

Just in case you haven't managed it (and because I fancied
the challenge), try the code below:
(most information from a post by Roger Upole)

<code>
import win32api

lo = win32api.LOWORD
hi = win32api.HIWORD

def get_version_number (filename):
  info = win32api.GetFileVersionInfo (filename, "\\")
  ms = info['FileVersionMS']
  ls = info['FileVersionLS']
  return hi (ms), lo (ms), hi (ls), lo (ls)

if __name__ == '__main__':
  filename = "c:/python24/python24.dll"
  print ".".join ([str (i) for i in get_version_number (filename)])

</code>

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk