running distutils installer without admin on windows

timothy.williams at nvl.army.mil timothy.williams at nvl.army.mil
Wed Jun 8 10:30:30 EDT 2005

Hello all.

We don't have admin privs on our Windows boxes, but I'd like to be able
to install a package built using distutils. I was able to install
Python without admin, but when I tried to run the installer for this
package I'm trying to install, I get a message saying that I need admin
privs.

Is there a way around this? Why can't it just put things in
C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages like a good little installer?

Do I need to put a service call in to our admins to do this?

Thanks.