utf8 and ftplib

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Jun 20 13:31:39 EDT 2005

Richard Lewis wrote:
> My code now works without generating any errors but Konqueror's KHTML
> and Embedded Advanced Text Viewer and IE5 on the Mac still show
> capital-A-with-a-tilde in all the files that have been
> generated/altered. Whereas my text editor and Mozilla show them
> correctly.

How are you viewing the files? You have to tell the browser that they are UTF-8. If you just double-click the file, the browser will use its default encoding. If you are server the files from a web server then you should set the Content-Type header correctly.

Or you can tell the browser directly (try View / Encoding in IE).

Kent