Back to the future - python to C++ advice wanted

Bill McClain wmcclain at salamander.com
Fri Jun 17 15:45:09 EDT 2005

On 2005-06-17, George Sakkis <gsakkis at rutgers.edu> wrote:

> So, I wonder what have others who have gone the same path done and
> learned in similar situations. How one can avoid the frustration of
> having to work with a low level language once he has seen the Light ?

This project:

    http://astrolabe.sourceforge.net/

...is implemented in both Python and C++. I do the Python version first and
then translate to C++ as directly as possible, using namespaces, exception
handling, the standard string type and STL library.

Let me second the recommendation of the Scott Meyers books. And another which
I no longer have -- something like "The C++ Memory Model" -- was very
instructive.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                    In the Quarter
http://sattre-press.com/                 by Robert W. Chambers