xml processing

Jeff Elkins jeffelkins at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 10:23:20 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 09:51 am, Magnus Lycka wrote:
> Jeff Elkins wrote:
> > I've like to use python to maintain a small addressbook which lives on a
> > Sharp Zaurus. This list will never grow beyond 200 or so entries. I've
> > installed pyxml.
> >
> > Speaking generally, given a wxpython app to do data entry,
> > I'm planning to:
> >
> > 1. parse the addressbook file, loading its data into an array.
> > 2. Perform any edit operations within the array.
> > 3. Write out a finished xml file from the array when I'm done.
> >
> > Is this reasonable? Better, smarter ways to accomplish this?
>
> Why XML?
>
> I guess the simplest solution whould be to use pickle.

The Zaurus addressbook app depends on an xml datafile, so I'm stuck with that
format. I just want to to maintenence and data entry on the PC for ease of
use vs typing on the Zaurus' tiny keyboard. I could just edit the raw xml
file, then copy it to the Zaurus, but I'd like to have something a little
spiffier...

Jeff