Graphs/statistics using wxPython

Will McGugan news at NOwillmcguganSPAM.com
Wed Jun 29 18:54:30 EDT 2005

Jan Danielsson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>    I wanted to plot some statistics, so I wrote a simple wxPython class
> to do it. Then I realized that I would like to draw bar graphs, so I
> added that too.
>
>    Since I'm a complete Python newbie, I haven't done much of it the
> "Python way", I suspect. So, I'm wondering if someone would like to show
> me some of the tricks I should have used.
>
> You can find the code at:
> http://user.it.uu.se/~jada3673/drawtest.py
>
>    It's not finished[*], but it is usable. Oh, you can do whatever you
> want with it. Since I had never touched wxPython before working with
> this, I used some doodle application as a starting point.
>
>    Btw... Has anyone already written statistics classes for wxPython? If
> so, where can I find them? If nothing similar exists, I'll probably add
> support for loading data from a file, and a few other features. Feel
> free to make requests or enhancements.
>
> [*] There are some size/offset bugs which I am aware of, but they are
> easily fixed. I just haven't got around to it yet.

If you ever want to add an extra dimension, then using OpenGL with
wxWindows is a breeze. See attached file for a 3d pie char..

Will McGugan

--
http://www.willmcgugan.com
"".join({'*':'@','^':'.'}.get(c,0) or chr(97+(ord(c)-84)%26) for c in