pickle alternative

simonwittber at gmail.com simonwittber at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 03:38:50 EDT 2005

> See also bug# 471893 where jhylton suggests a PEP.  Something really
> ought to be done about this.

I know this, you know this... I don't understand why the suggestion is
meeting so much resistance. This is something I needed for a real world
system which moves lots of data around to untrusted clients. Surely
other people have had similar needs? Pickle and xmlrpclib simply are
not up to the task, but, perhaps Joe Programmer is content to use a
pickle, and not care for the security issues.

Owell. I'm not sure what I can say to make the case any clearer...

Sw.