What is different with Python ?

Tom Anderson twic at urchin.earth.li
Sat Jun 11 18:51:30 EDT 2005

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Philippe C. Martin wrote:

> Yet for the first time I get (most) of my questions answered by a
> language I did not know 1 year ago.

Amazing, isn't it? Rest assured that you're not alone in feeling this way.
I don't know quite why, but python is just makes writing programs
immensely easier than any other language i've ever used; i think it's the
very minimal amount of boilerplate it requires, the clean and powerful set
of builtin types and functions and, for me, the higher-order functions. I
can do in a few lines of python what would have taken me pages and pages
of java.

tom

PS: http://jove.prohosting.com/~zahlman/cpp.html

--
Jim-Jammity Jesus Krispy Kreme Christ on a twat-rocket!