Favorite non-python language trick?

Mandus mandus at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 16:26:41 EDT 2005

25 Jun 2005 13:15:16 -0700 skrev Devan L:
> But by using the builtin reduce, you need to specify a function, which
> probably slows it down more than any speed-up from the loop in C.

Sounds reasonable, but not always the case, especially when dealing with
numpy arrays. At least that what some of my test shows. But then I
should probably write c-functions that deals with the numeric arrays
anyway.

Besides, functions like 'operator.add' is also in c, maybe that helps.

But I admit it's not a perfect example.

--
Mandus - the only mandus around.