python bytecode grammar

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Fri Jun 10 08:46:11 EDT 2005

M1st0 wrote:
> where I can find the grammar of python bytecode ? ( better if is in BCF
> ).

There is no grammar for bytecodes - the are like assembly instructions.
And what's BCF supposed to mean - BNF is a form for grammars, BCF I
never heard of.

And besides that: tell us what you're after, we might help and suggest
other ways than creating/manipulating bytecode, as this is considered a
implementation detail that is not supposed to work across
implementations (like jython) and is subject to unannounced changes
between major revisions of python.

Diez