Subprocess and time-out

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at nospam.com
Thu Jun 16 12:36:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

Grabbing the various docs of Python, I didn't find how to do this :

I Use popen2 to run wvware that transforms lots of M$ word docs to plain
text. Sometimes wvware runs in a deadlock and I can't control this from
  Python app.

I need to stop wvware processing after 30 seconds (considered
deadlocked) and to process the next file.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any pythonic stuff to control the time
spent runnning subprocesses (and kill'em if needed) launched with popen.

An hint is welcome. Many thanks by advance.

--
Gilles Lenfant