tkinter radiobutton

William Gill noreply at gcgroup.net
Sat Jun 25 15:34:50 EDT 2005

I am placing radiobuttons in a 4 X 4 matrix (using loops) and keep
references to them in a 2 dimensional list ( rBtns[r][c] ).  It works
fine, and I can even make it so only one button per column can be
selected, by assigning each column to an intVar.  In many languages a
radiobutton has a property that can be directly read to see if it is
selected on unselected.  Tkinter radiobuttons don't seem to have any
such property.  Is there any way to look (via the script not the screen)
to determine if it is selected?, or can this only be achieved via
control variables?

Bill