Package organization

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 23 19:36:47 EDT 2005

In <pan.2005.06.22.18.41.36.381869 at ID-174572.user.uni-berlin.de>, Thomas
Lotze wrote:

>   Assume I have a package called PDF. Should the classes then be called
>   simply File and Objects, as it is clear what they do as they are
>   imported from PDF? Or should they be called PDFFile and PDFObjects, as
>   the names would be too undescriptive otherwise?

It depends on the length of the module name in my projects.  There's not
much difference in importing `PDFFile` from the module or using
`PDF.File`.  If the name of the module is long, I prefer to explicitly
import the names I need from the module.  In that case it's nice to have a
more descriptive name than `File`.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch