how to export data from ZODB to text files

ls l.serwatka at gazeta-dot-pl.no-spam.invalid
Thu Jun 9 04:33:58 EDT 2005

Hi Josef,

Thank you so much. I will ask our Plone administrator to test your
script and I will write about result here.

I thought also about Python script like

 //connect to database
 >>> from ZODB import FileStorage, DB
 >>> storage = FileStorage.FileStorage('Data.fs')
 >>> db = DB(storage)
 >>> conn = db.open()
 >>> dbroot = conn.root()

 //here should be interation for DB which saves attributes output in
to file

I'm not able to write the second part, but I think that this shouldn`t
be a problem for experienced Python developer.

How complex will be script like above?

@Max

> If you have access to the zope instance you want to export from, you
only need to write an external method in Zope to export the data you
want. Its pretty easy that way.

Could you contribute code which do export data?

--
Lukasz