Where is Word?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Jun 14 08:21:11 EDT 2005

Guy Lateur wrote:
> I need a way to get the path where MS Word/Office has been installed. I need
> to start Word from a script (see earlier post),

(Asking us to refer to some earlier post that may or may not even be
available on our news servers isn't the best way to get us the info.  A
sentence or two summarizing would work best, I think.)

Can you describe what the user is going to do after Word pops open with
this file in it?  Maybe there are simpler ways to do what you are trying
to accomplish, aside from the specific issue of how to open Word itself.

For example, maybe the work you plan to have the user accomplish can be
done automatically by controlling Word with COM.

-Peter