Which kid's beginners programming - Python or Forth?

Matt Feinstein nospam at here.com
Tue Jun 28 08:18:55 EDT 2005

On 27 Jun 2005 20:16:12 -0700, "BORT" <UNIEMFXHWQZB at spammotel.com>
wrote:

>Please forgive me if this is TOO newbie-ish.
>
>I am toying with the idea of teaching my ten year old a little about
>programming.  I started my search with something like "best FREE
>programming language for kids."  After MUCH clicking and high-level
>scanning, I am looking at Python and Forth.  Both have advocates that
>say each is a great approach to learning computers.

FORTH is 'way outside the mainstream of current programming, while
Python is, if anything, excessively buzz-word compliant. If you want
to teach your kid something that will a basis for learning anything
about current practices in programming, teach him Python.
Matt Feinstein

--
There is no virtue in believing something that can be proved to be true.