What is different with Python ?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Mon Jun 13 16:23:39 EDT 2005

Andrea Griffini a écrit :
(snip)

> What I know is that every single competent programmer
> I know (not many... just *EVERY SINGLE ONE*) started
> by placing firmly concrete concepts first, and then
> moved on higher abstractions (for example like
> structured programming, OOP, functional languages ...).

I don't know if I qualify as a "competent programmer" (you'd have to ask
my co-workers), but I started with hi-level scripting languages,
event-driven programming, and OO. Only then did I learn lower-level
languages (C, Pascal, and bits of 68k assembly). Being familiar with
fondamental *programming* concepts like vars, branching, looping and
functions proved to be helpful when learning C, since I only had then to
focus on pointers and memory management.