(OT) lincense protection generator

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Thu Jun 9 11:00:04 EDT 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 05:46 pm, Elliot Temple wrote:
> Why not check if all files you use are in appropriate directories,
> but not worry about same computer?

This is pretty trivial, by the way --- just use dirlist recursively,
use tuples, and hash the result.  All you want is an idiot-proof
tamper tag --- you aren't trying to defend against malice.

As for which computer is in use --- when I was doing tech support,
I provided a command for registering for tech support which called
"uname" to automatically collect machine information.  It would've
been easy enough to set this up as the standard way to contact
tech support.

Most likely you are working with Windows clients, so you'll need
something other than "uname", but I'm sure there is something
appropriate. You can do it by examining information in Python's
sys module, too, which I think should be portable.