User interfaces in console (dialog like)

Riccardo Galli riccardo_cut1 at cut2_sideralis.net
Thu Jun 23 12:31:54 EDT 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 05:45:07 -0700, Negroup wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I need to provide to my users a graphical interface to be used from os'
> command line.
> Initially I thought something equivalent to Unix dialog, and googling
> around I have found Python Dialog
> (http://pythondialog.sourceforge.net/). This would be the perfect solution
> for me if it could be cross platform. However, it doesn't work on Windows,
> just on Linux/Unix.
>
> Do you guys know an alternative that fits my needings without moving from
> Python?
>
> Thanks,
> -ng

It doesn't depend on the language. There aren't truely portable graphic
interface libraries, which show more than a coloured rectangle.
For *nix, there is also curses-extra, which offers various widgets
(textview,combobox,radio and checkbuttons and so on).
http://www.sideralis.net/index.php?action=4&pjid=20

Bye,
Riccardo

--