Python & firewall control (Win32)

Tim Williams listserver at tdw.net
Fri Jun 17 10:02:22 EDT 2005

re: http://wipfw.sourceforge.net/?page=home

Tom,  this looks good.   I had it downloaded, installed and running some
custom rules in under 5 minutes.  Very simple and straightforward.

> AIUI, you won't be stopping and restarting ipfw

This is correct,  the service doesn't appear to restart,    the rule updates
are actioned very quickly (instantaneous)

I haven't had chance to try it integrated into a Python app,  but it looks
very promising,.

Thanks again