Lost in the inheritance tree...

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Mon Jun 6 11:22:21 EDT 2005

Adam Munoz Lopez wrote:
> Can anyone help with this code... I have infinite
> recursion but since I'm pretty new to Python (and
> programming in general) I can't find where I did the
> mistake.

It really does help to start removing things trying to get the minimal
code which causes the problem.

(untested snippage follows)
> import Tkinter
> class RootFrame(Tkinter.Frame):
> def __init__(self,parent=None,myHeight=600,myWidth=800,myBd=3,\
>                 myRelief=Tkinter.RIDGE):
>         self.createFrames()
>
>     def createFrames(self):
>         textFrame=TextFrame(self,300,600)
>

> class TextFrame(RootFrame):
>     def __init__(self,parent,myHeight,myWidth):
> 	  RootFrame.__init__(self,parent,myHeight,myWidth)
>
> rootFrame=RootFrame()

It appears you create a RootFrame, which creates a TextFrame, which
initilizes as a RootFrame, thus creating a TextFrame which initilizes as
a RootFrame, thus creating a TextFrame which....