Python JavaScript solution to hold vertical scroll bar

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Jun 27 23:13:09 EDT 2005

Hi.  I am putting together a database application on Zope. I have built
a pager for my records (20 per page) but do not want the browser scroll
  bars to reset to the top of the browser each time the pager is
advanced to the previous or next page. The normal behavior is fine for
everything but the anchor tags  I am using for the pager.

Instead of resetting when a new page is sellected, I want the vertical
scrollbar to maintain its  position so when the link is clicked, the
vertical scrollbar position is passed to the next page (so the page
does not jerk to the top but stay in the same position).

I am using css to style anchor tags as buttons and am currently passing
the record start position for the page to the next page.
ie   <a class="page_plain"
href="https://mydomain.com/path/index_html?start:int=20">2</a>

I am assuming the best way of handling this would be to pass the
current vertical scroll position as a parameter to a JavaScript.  Does
anyone have such a solution or other advice for solving this?

Regards,
David