How to find Windows "Application data" directory??

pyguy2 at gmail.com pyguy2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:47:02 EDT 2005

I had a post yesterday on just that. Anyways,  I  always love it when
what can be a really annoying problem, reduces into as something simple
and elegant  like a python dict. (in general, I find dictionaries
rock).

I remember a similar eureka, when some time ago I  found it really neat
that split w/no args works on whitespace words. Or, things like min and
sort actually travel down levels of data structures for you. Or,  when
one realizes things like "in" works on all sorts of sequences even
filehandes, or you can treat gzipped files just like normal files, or
coolness of cStringIO,  or startswith and endsmith methods on strings,
or . . .

Hmm, I wonder if there is a page of the little python coolnesses. I
recall one of python annoyances.

john