computer algebra packages

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Wed Jun 8 14:14:48 EDT 2005

Rahul <codedivine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well is there an open source computer algebra system written in python
> or at least having a python interface?
> I know of 2 efforts: pythonica and pyginac...are there any others?

Probably this is usable for you (I never used any of them):

Package: mascyma
 Mascyma is (trying to be) a user-friendly graphical frontend for the Computer
 Algebra System GNU MAXIMA.  It is written in Python and provides two GUIs,
 one of which based on PyGTK, the other based on wxPython.

Package: maxima
 This system MAXIMA is a COMMON LISP implementation due to William F.
 Schelter, and is based on the original implementation of Macsyma at
 MIT, as distributed by the Department of Energy.  I now have
 permission from DOE to make derivative copies, and in particular to
 distribute it under the GNU public license.
 .
 This package contains the main executables and base system files.

   Florian
--
begin  signature_virus
 Hi! I'm a signature virus. Please copy me to your signature to help me spread.