Favorite non-python language trick?

Joseph Garvin k04jg02 at kzoo.edu
Fri Jun 24 05:59:23 EDT 2005

Claudio Grondi wrote:

>>And you can do block comments with --[[ and ---]].
>>

>I am very happy not to have such "tricks" in Python.
>
>Any other (useful) suggestions?
>
>Claudio

I'm glad and all that not everyone shares my enthusiasm over Lua's
trick, and I'm glad that C/C++ can do it, but the original issue was
non-python language tricks in general. Lets keep the thread on track.

So far we've got lisp macros and a thousand response's to the lua trick.
Anyone else have any actual non-python language tricks they like?

Yeesh.