BBC R&D White Paper on Kamaelia Published (Essentially a framework using communicating python generators)

Michael Sparks zathras at thwackety.com
Sat Jun 11 17:44:19 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm posting a link to this since I hope it's of interest to people here :)

I've written up the talk I gave at ACCU Python UK on the Kamaelia Framework,
and it's been published as a BBC R&D White Paper and is available here:

   * http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/whp/whp113.shtml

Essentially it provides a means of a) communicating to python generators b)
linking these communications between generators (the result is calling these
components), c) building interesting systems using it. (Next release will
include some interesting things like a shell, introspection tool, and
pygame related components)

Essentially the key tenet of the project is that of trying to make scalable
concurrent and network systems easy to build and reuse.

We're using it for network research purposes, but the system should be
sufficiently general to be of use for all sorts of uses. (Though for
production systems I'd probably recommend Twisted over Kamaelia for now,
just for perspective :)

Any comments, criticisms/etc very welcome!

Michael.
--
http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/