anygui,anydb, any opinions?

Renato Ramonda renato.ramonda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 00:47:24 EDT 2005

Tim Roberts ha scritto:
> Renato Ramonda <renato.ramonda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>wxWidgets apps look ALMOST native on windows (combobox and similar
>>widgets are emulated, and look really bad),
>

> That just isn't true.  They use the standard combo box.

Then it has changed recently. Mind that most stable apps still use wx2.4

> wx uses "sizers" to do the same thing.  Same purpose, different philosophy.
> I find sizers more natural, but people should certainly stick to whatever
> makes them comfortable.

I like sizers too, but in my experience wx apps do not use them. Are
they by chance something that came with the 2.5/2.6 development cycle?
That version is still pretty rare in real world applications.

>>And that's not even starting to consider the version mess: try to
>>install xCHM, Boa Constructor, aMule, VLC and some other app together...
>>instant madness.
>

> They why would you do it?  gvim and wxPython do the job for me.  No mess.

Because i USE a chm reader. And I USE aMule, and I USE a multimedia player.

I'm not talking about developing (don't get confused by my mention of
Boa), I'm talking about using. Only very recently wx introduced a
mechanism to keep different versions in parallel.

--
Renato