reloading my own modules

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jun 7 10:37:47 EDT 2005

    Lowell> import dbtest, util
    Lowell> for module in ['dbtest', 'util']:
    Lowell>      if module in sys.modules.keys():
    Lowell>          reload(sys.modules[module])

    Lowell> Is this the best way to do it? It seems a bit verbose, but not
    Lowell> really all that bad. I was just wondering if there is a more
    Lowell> standard way to do it?

Not that I'm aware of.  You don't need to request the keys() of a dict in
recent versions of Python:

    import dbtest, util
    for module in ['dbtest', 'util']:
         if module in sys.modules:
             reload(sys.modules[module])

Also, since it's clear you have already imported dbtest and util, there's no
need to check in sys.modules:

    import dbtest, util
    reload(dbtest)
    reload(util)