how to export data from ZODB to text files

ls l.serwatka at gazeta-dot-pl.no-spam.invalid
Wed Jun 8 03:36:00 EDT 2005

> Why are you doing this in the first place? Trying to escape from
> Zope-land? Exporting data on a regular basis, for use in another
app?

Hi Jonh,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I'm traing to escape from Zope-land, to be more clarify I want to
migrate from Plone to PHP Application, which uses MySQL database
engine, so I have to move all data from ZODB to MySQL. I suppose that
python script shouldn`t be so complex. I need just iterate ZODB and
write attributes like "Intro", "Body" of article to file for example.
I need export Plone content hierarchy like

   | - - - Folder 1 (Title, Intro, Body)
   |            | - - - Article (Title, Intro, Body)
   |
   | - - - Folder 2 (Title, Intro, Body)

Now after your answer, I see that I will be not able to finish this
taks by myself ...

I'm experienced mostly in C, PHP, also with some backgrounds of CPP
and Java, but I'm totaly new in Python ...

What do you suggest in this case?

--
Lukasz