How do I access avariable named "return"?

Holger Wirtz wirtz at dfn.de
Tue Jun 21 10:01:42 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a small problem: I have a WSDL file where different functions are
described. It worked perfectly until I have a function which has a
return-value named "return":

Here is my program:

--- cut here ---
from SOAPpy import WSDL
wsdlFile = 'mypbx.wsdl'
server = WSDL.Proxy(wsdlFile)
version=server.Version()
#print version.GatekeeperID     # Works fine
#print version.FirmwareVersion  # Works also

resp=server.Initialize(user="Wirtz, Holger - DFN-Verein",appl="PySOAP")
print resp
print resp.return
--- cut here ---

When the line "print resp.return" is comented out I got:

<SOAPpy.Types.structType InitializeResponse at 1081322348>: {'return':
'221', 'key': '1424926643'}

But with the "print resp.return" I got:

  File "pywsdl.py", line 10
    print resp.return
                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I think this seems to be a problem due to the use of a forbidden word. But I
have no chance to change the WSDL definition, so: How can I get the
variable resp.return? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Holger