about accessing mysql

sinan , erchamion.beren at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 10:34:09 EDT 2005

hi everybody, i have a small mysql connection code

>>> import MySQLdb
>>> db=MySQLdb.Connection(host="localhost",user="root",db="nux")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MySQLdb/__init__.py", line
66, in Connect
    return Connection(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line
156, in __init__
    self.autocommit(0)
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1193, "Unknown system variable
'AUTOCOMMIT'")

these command works at my computer but when i want to do in my server,
i get these messages as you seen, my both computer and server have
same python, same MySQLdb module and same database with same
priviliges.also how can i connect to remote database? is that work ?
db=MySQLdb.Connection(host="192.168.0.120",user="root",db="nux")
thank you.