calling subclass constructor question

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Sun Jun 19 17:48:49 EDT 2005

In Han Kang wrote:
> Hello everyone and thank you for being such a good community.
>
> Anyway, I was wondering...I have an super class which is the superclass
> for 5 other classes.  However, I want to be able to call the subclass
> constructors from the super class.  Is this possible?

If you have a subclass, it's constructor is called - so why do you want
to call it again ? It smells after bad design here - you might consider
providing more dtail on the problem you want to solve by this, thus we
might be able to suggest a more viable solution (or actually, a solution
at all...)

Diez