suggestions invited

Simon Brunning simon.brunning at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 06:45:06 EDT 2005

http://www.iseriespython.com/

> that monitor each app's status and log that information to the
> web server.

I'm ot sure how you'd define an 'application' on a '400. You just have
a bunch of progams in libraries. I'm not sure what the 'status' of an
application might meain, either, in general terms. This is really very
pooly specified.

> You could then write a web application that takes the
> monitoring data and formats it appropriately for human consumption.

Running a Python web application on a '400 would be a pretty daunting
task, if it's even possible.

> Perhaps an RSS or Atom feed for each application's status.
>
> I don't know anything about OS/400, but if it has a tool similar to
> syslog, you could configure the application hosts to report their
> status to a remote syslogd, perhaps on your web server, and parse the
> log file for the status data.

QHST is similar to syslog - but what's an application host in 400 terms?

--
Cheers,
Simon B,