problems between 2.4 and 2.1

DIEZ Ignacio I.DIEZ at csee-transport.com
Thu Jun 9 03:45:38 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have changed the Python release from 2.1 to 2.4 and the results haven't been the expected...
With the same code, and with the new release (2.4) the execution of my program raise the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\users\diez\Socle\tools\PARAME~1\GENERA~1\main.py", line 151, in ?
    viewParser = XmlParser.XmlParser(viewFilePath,viewDtdFilePath)
  File "c:\Users\diez\Socle\tools\parametrage\Generation\XmlParser.py", line 18, in __init__
    self.__initTrees()
  File "c:\Users\diez\Socle\tools\parametrage\Generation\XmlParser.py", line 25, in __initTrees
    diagram.normalize()
  File "C:\software\Python24\lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 208, in normalize
    self.childNodes[:] = L
TypeError: object doesn't support slice assignment

Could anybody help me, please??
Why the program raise this kind of traceback?

Thank you