Is there something similar to ?: operator (C/C++) in Python?

D H d at e.f
Fri Jun 24 13:54:34 EDT 2005

Riccardo Galli wrote:

>>The answer is simply no, just use an if statement instead.
>

> That's not true.
> One used form is this:
> result = cond and value1 or value2

So anywhere someone uses x?y:z you recommend they use "x and y or z"
instead, or else "[y,z][x]", but not:

if x:
    val = y
else:
    val = z

I still would recommend just using an if statement, even though it is
not easier to type than a ternary expression.  It is the most readable
and understandable equivalent in Python.  And since his question was
about an easier way to do it in Python, and I don't believe your
alternative are any easier either, I believe the answer is still no.