Unhappy with numarray docs

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jun 1 14:36:31 EDT 2005

"Matt Feinstein" <nospam at here.com> wrote in message
news:1dlr911ln6omm7nov1amaqtbikdvp51p7n at 4ax.com...
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:11:36 -0700, Scott David Daniels
> <Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org> wrote:
>
>>Propose some fixes to the documents that will make this easier for
>>the next one in line.  You don't even need to get it exactly right;
>>the person after you can fix the mistakes you make.  This is the
>>process we use for this.  See this as an opportunity to contribute,
>>not simply a frustration about how much you overpaid for the product.
>
> Which is why I was specific about what I didn't like about the
> documentation and why I didn't like it. Seriously, what more should I
> do?

If your suggestion is 'small', you can write a suggested sentence or two
and post in on the appropriate forum.  Something like 'In section xx.y, 2nd
para, I wish there had been a sentence saying something like 'connect the
frog to the jib and the jib to the boom'.  With something like that to go
on, an expert can verify and possibly insert/replace.  I have done this for
the Python docs.

> It's plainly inappropriate for me to write documentation for a
> module that I'm still struggling to learn.

You know better than any expert where you got lost and what you wish had
been said ;-)

Terry J. Reedy