Lost in a sea of documentation...can you point me in the right direction?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Thu Jun 30 18:39:01 EDT 2005

MooMaster a écrit :
(snip)
> I'd like to write a program that I can pass a path to
> (say: My Pictures) and at a timer interval will pick a picture from it
> and set my wallpaper to that" So I started reading about os, threads,
> and the path for the special folders

What's a "special folder" ???

> in the archives and in the Python
> docs and I'm kind of lost because there aren't many concrete examples
> in the documentation. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to
> where I might find info that can help me write this?

There are 2 problems to solve:
1/ change the 'wallpaper'
2/ run as a background task (a 'service' on Win32, a 'daemon' on unix-likes)

The 2nd one is already solved by your os (use Windows' task scheduler or
*n*x's cron).

So the main thing you have to do is find out how to 'change the
wallpaper' on *your* system. For this, you first have to search in your
system's API.