Better console for Windows?

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Mon Jun 27 23:18:41 EDT 2005

Brett Hoerner wrote:
> Is there a different shell I can use (other than cmd.com) to run Python
> in, where I can full-screen the window (if I pleased), etc?  As it is,
> things that would run far off the right have to be word wrapped after
> very few characters.

To make the console full screen hit Alt-Enter.  The same thing makes it
windowed again.  To accommodate very long lines click the "C:\" icon in
the upper left corner of the window, choose "Properties" and then change
the "Screen Buffer Size" Width and Height to something more to your liking.

While you're there I'd recommend turning on "QuickEdit Mode" on the
"Options" tab.  Then you can drag with your left mouse button to select
an area of text, right click to copy, then right click again to paste.
--
Benji York