School Administration Software

Greg Lindstrom greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Tue Jun 7 11:35:14 EDT 2005

Hello-

I just picked up my daughters' report cards for the year (they did well,
thank-you) and was approached by the school administrator about writing
an Acess application to help track attendance for next year
(excused/unexcused, after so many unexcused absences a letter will be
generated, etc.).  Since I have a feel for how large this request will
become, I googled for school administration software on the Python site
and was pleased to get 312 "hits".  There's software out there but --
alas -- it's difficult to tell what is being used, what people think,
what's being maintained, etc.

So...do any of you have experience with any of this software?  This is
for a small (~400 students k-12), private school that is not swimming in
taxpayer dollars and I would rather use Open Source because we will
probably need to customize some reports, etc.  Any advice you have would
be welcome.

Thanks,
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859 (office)
Senior Programmer            501 219-4455 (fax)
NovaSys Health               greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Little Rock, Arkansas

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.