Favorite non-python language trick?

Mandus mandus at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 06:58:26 EDT 2005

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:31:08 +0100 skrev Tom Anderson:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Joseph Garvin wrote:
>
>> Claudio Grondi wrote:
>>
>> So far we've got lisp macros and a thousand response's to the lua trick.
>> Anyone else have any actual non-python language tricks they like?
>
> Higher-order functions like map, filter and reduce. As of Python 3000,
> they're non-python tricks. Sigh - i guess it's time for me to get to know
> list comprehensions a bit better.

u-huu... I wasn't aware of that. It is really a consensus on this; that
removing map, filter, reduce is a good thing? It will render a whole lot
of my software unusable :(

Sure, I guess I can port most of it to list comprehensions, but
reduce/map are so much nicer.

--
Mandus - the only mandus around.