howto load and unload a module

Guy Robinson guy at NOSPAM.r-e-d.co.nz
Fri Jun 24 18:04:59 EDT 2005

> BTW, question for the OP: what on earth is the use-case for this? Bulk
> checking of scripts written by students?
>
> Cheers,
> John

I've embedded python in an application which has a .NET API. So users can write
scripts in python that access the .NET API. Because of the way the API works
running scripts is a 2 stage process. First you select a script from a list then
run the selected script. All scripts must therefore share a common calling
function name and I wanted to test this function existed.

I will have no idea the name or how many or how complicated the scripts will be
so it seemed a good idea to try and free up memory from the scripts that won't
be run.

 >(It's hard to judge a poster's level of expertise in Python without any
example >code from him.

I'm not a professional programmer so my terminology is probably confusing.It
looks like I shouldn't worry about memory issues.

Thanks for your help Peter and John,

Guy