formatted xml output from ElementTree inconsistency

uche.ogbuji at gmail.com uche.ogbuji at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 09:34:05 EDT 2005

Patrick Maupin wrote:
"""
Dennis Bieber wrote:
> Off hand, I'd consider the non-binary nature to be because the
> internet protocols are mostly designed for text, not binary.

A document at http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/ lists "the design goals for
XML".

One of the listed goals is "XML documents should be human-legible and
reasonably clear".
"""

Yes.  Thanks for mentioning this, because people too often forget it.

minidom, 4Suite's Domlette and Amara all provide good pretty-print
output functions.  The latter two use rules from the XSLT spec, which
is designed by people who have the above design goal well in their
blood.

--
Uche
http://copia.ogbuji.net