"also" to balance "else" ?

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Wed Jun 15 19:11:09 EDT 2005

Nicolas Fleury wrote:

> Ron Adam wrote:
>
>> It occurred to me (a few weeks ago while trying to find the best way
>> to form a if-elif-else block, that on a very general level, an 'also'
>> statement might be useful.  So I was wondering what others would think
>> of it.
>
> But the feature is already there:

Yes, that was pointed out to me, I was first interested in it as an
if-also, which I found a few uses for and thought that it might
naturally be extended to for and while, but the interpretation of the
else in for loops conflicts with it, so it's ruled out in that form.
See the last message I posted in this thread for a more explicit
alternative that is more flexible and have less of a tenancy to be
counter intuitive.  Although a bigger change overall.

I don't expect too much support for that one either, but who knows.  The
conversation is interesting (to me).  ;-)

Cheers,
Ron