Python documentation problem

Kalle Anke skromta at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 06:02:07 EDT 2005

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:49:38 +0200, Xah Lee wrote
(in article <1119088178.088667.227150 at g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

> the problem is that the page essentially says nothing. Nothing that is
> relevant to programing, and such nothingness occupies a significant
> portion of the python doc. (at least a quarter) It is like reading a
> manual to operate a machinery, and in every other paragraph it offers
> the (technically-fantastically-correct) explanations of what bolt or
> material were used where.

I'm new to Python and the information that's in the docs (at least that
example) was what I was looking for. I read this as the referece manual, not
a cookbook or a tutorial which clearly requires another style of
documentation.