[ANN] Snakelets 1.41 and Frog 1.6

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 4 14:03:36 EDT 2005

thinfrog wrote:
> It's very interesting, i'm glad to try.
>
> And it can access data by MYSQL/SQL or other database software?

"it" meaning Snakelets, I assume.
(because Frog, the blog server, doesn't use any database for storage)

Snakelets does not contain ANY database connector.
You can therefore use any database you like, but you have
to write your own database access connector.
Which can be a bit troublesome because you have to make
it work in a multi-user multi-thread environment.

I plan to add a few examples to Snakelets that show how
a database connection could be made (for mysql and/or sqlite
perhaps, to name a few) but for now, no example code is
available, sorry.

--Irmen