Looking For Geodetic Python Software

paron rphillips at engineer.co.summit.oh.us
Fri Jun 24 08:49:07 EDT 2005

Howard Butler http://hobu.biz/ has some nice Python wrappers for gdal
and Frank Warmerdam's other tools. I have to say, though, that geodesy
is inherently complicated. Python makes it easy to program, but not
easy to understand. http://maps.hobu.net:7080/RPC2 is an XMLRPC service
that he exposes that will transform various coordinate systems: take a
look at http://hobu.biz/index_html/projection_service/blogentry_view to
see what I mean.

Ron Phillips