Boss wants me to program

phil phillip.watts at anvilcom.com
Wed Jun 29 08:11:43 EDT 2005

> I don't want to start a flamewar here -

No heat, no flames. Everyone's cool

> Let me emphasize a little more. Even though Python itself is great, I think we
> don't have quite yet tools that offer

Ya know, I just don't know enough about javaworld.
The language I do not like.

I wonder what percentage of the tools you refer to are
Eclipse and not Java per se.  ?? I don't know.
The really big bucks of IBM sent Eclipse through the roof.

Python reminds me more of Linux.  Incredible no of packages,
kinda disjointed, docs pretty bad, not integrated.
But amazing stuff if you have the stomach for it.
(seen pygame?)
Maybe Python will get a daddy someday.

Comes down to preference.  Isn't it absolutely amazing how many
choices we have. Remember the 70's - Cobol, ASM, C, Basic.CICS(shudder)

I am pleased that folks on a Python list feel free to praise
other technologies.  That's neat.