Pressing A Webpage Button

Elliot Temple curi at curi.us
Wed Jun 1 13:08:14 EDT 2005

How do I make Python press a button on a webpage?  I looked at
urllib, but I only see how to open a URL with that.  I searched
google but no luck.

For example, google has a button   <input type=submit value="Google
Search" name=btnG>  how would i make a script to press that button?

Just for fun, is there any way to do the equivalent of typing into a
text field like the google search field before hitting the button?
(I don't actually need to do this.)

If someone could point me in the right direction it'd be appreciated.

-- Elliot Temple
http://www.curi.us/

---