Help implementing an idea

Nicholas.Vaidyanathan at asu.edu Nicholas.Vaidyanathan at asu.edu
Fri Jun 17 11:17:17 EDT 2005

Well, I'm a total python n00b, but I was playing around with exception handling
yesterday, and was stricken by how incredibly easy it is to use the op system
to create nice scripts... I did the following:

import sys
lines = sys.stdin.readlines()
lines.sort()
for stuff in lines:
    print stuff ,

just to copy stuff from one file to another, and was quite impressed with the
results. Now, I was thinking today, I'd really like to create a program that
can go to a specific directory and upload all the files in the directory to a
specific url for backup purposes, and I have the feeling that the python
implementation would be ruthlessly small and efficient, like the
above....anyone who could point me in the right direction as to how to actually
do it?